Monday 6 September 2010

Windfalls

We have been experiencing some very strong winds today in Fleet. It's getting to feel just like Autumn.

I'm working at home today. I heard a bit of a crash outside and went to investigate. I found one of my big Ferline tomato plants had been blown over -- despite the pot having been weighted-down with a brick. The trouble is, this variety of tomato does produce some pretty big fruits, and the plants can easily become top-heavy. Lots of the fruit had fallen off. Luckily they don't appear to be damaged and I have rescued them, and they will now be ripened indoors. The weight of these six fruits together is 930g.

The windfalls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.