Wednesday 11 February 2015

Some new baskets

You probably know that I am keen on baskets, for presenting my fruit and veg in when I take photos of them... 

I have recently acquired a few more:


Two of these came from a charity shop, priced at 75p each. A bargain, in my view!


The third one (the shallow round one) has been rescued from the depths of a cupboard in our spare room, where until recently it was holding some nails (don't ask!).

I believe that simple "props" like these can considerably enhance a photo, so I am always on the lookout for more. I'm sure these ones will be featured again here on my blog before very long, like this maybe...

13 comments:

  1. Great finds. You do always present your veggies in photos beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea and it sure makes a dfference.
    I guess I need to go for a basket-hunt....

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good bargain, I never had you down as a charity shopper! I agree with what Jo said though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fleet has many charity shops, I'm afraid (like most places these days), so as I walk by I keep an eye open for baskets displayed in their windows.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. They are all stacked up on the floor in my "study" (aka spare room).

      Delete
  5. Lovely baskets and I'm not one to resist such a great bargain. But as Sue pointed out, they can be a bit of a chore to store...so to speak ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I'm buying such things from charity shops I wouldn't mind paying a little more. Those little baskets were very under-valued at only 75p.

      Delete
  6. I think it's difficult to have too many baskets. :-) Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the one with the dark and light wood. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous finds! I am also a thrift-store basket connoisseur and have recently purchased some extras over the winter. Looking forward to seeing more of your lovely photos with these in use.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Are they rattan or bamboo baskets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to tell, but I'm fairly sure at least 2 of them are bamboo.

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.