Monday 22 November 2010

"Game Over" for the chillis

I have harvested the last of this season's chillis, and cut down the plants, which were beginning to drop their leaves. It has been a bumper year for chillis, in terms of yield, though I have to say that none of my four different varieties had enough heat for my liking. I shall be trying some diferent varieties next year.

This is the final batch that I harvested  -- mostly the Serrano type, but a few of the bigger ones I called "Long Medium" and "Long Fat" because I didn't know their real names.




Most of these will be going in the freezer, to used in making curries and suchlike at some later date. I'm also saving a few for their seeds -- one of my blogging contacts has asked me for some, and I'm happy to oblige.

Talking of which... Can any of you perhaps provide me with seeds for a chilli that meets the following criteria:
1. Prolific producer of fruit
2. Fairly large fruits - perhaps 7cm plus
3. Hot but not "atomic"
4. Preferably red in colour, when ripe

2 comments:

  1. Not that keen on hot food...but have been tempted to grow chillies because I like the way they look and I want to string some up in the kitchen...so that people will think I know what I am doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look great! I hope mines will do as good next year. Good luck with your quest for more varieties. I recommend some "chile ancho" hope you can find it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.