Saturday 23 March 2013

Stovetop smoker

Another of my birthday presents was this stove-top smoker. I didn't know that such things existed!






Jane chanced upon a website selling these and couldn't resist buying one for me, even though she had already bought me my present - that Growlight House I wrote about yesterday. How lucky I am to be married to someone who spends a signifcant proportion of her waking hours browsing the internet! She does this in her search for competitions to cover in her magazine The Competition Grapevine, so it is a perfectly legitimate and resonable activity, but it does occasionally have some fortuitous side-effects...

Is that warning REALLY necessary?

Fortunately it comes with a clear set of instructions - which I will certainly need!


Don't worry - the booklet is in English as well as French.

I'll probably have a go with the smoker over the weekend, so I'll let you know how I get on.

10 comments:

  1. I probably wouldn't use it inside (asthma and no good fan), but I would use that on the grill. I've got a thing to help me smoke things on the grill, but the grill leaks, that would be much more effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ingenious! You'll have to let us know how you get on with this - I'm sure you've got some tasty treats planned for your supper now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what you get cooking in there Mark! Happy Birthday by the way, for whenever it was? ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's already tried it and I've just tasted the first results. Fanastic! I'm looking forward to trying more smoked goodies, and I reckon you can all look forward to reading some great posts about the things he smokes. The trouble is, I can now say my husband has started smoking......

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a outdoor gas barbecue and smoker and can use all sorts of interesting smoking chips that are readily available in our grocery stores; Hickory, and maybe Jim Beam? etc. I like to smoke a chicken on it, but my 3 guys aren't into it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds fun - I look forward to reading about your experiments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take the battery out of the smoke alarm - looks like a great product though, enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks huge fun Mark. You must let us know how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks intriguing. Can't wait to see results. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.