Thursday 24 October 2013

The Dogwood shows its Autumn colours

At this time of year, just before shedding their leaves for the Winter, the Dogwood shrubs put on an amazing show of colour.


I have several different Dogwoods, and their leaf colour varies a lot. Even on one plant there may simultaneously be leaves of several different hues.


There is little for me to write in a post on this subject. All I need to do is show you the photos!














Perhaps the best thing about Dogwood is the fact that after the leaves have fallen you get a second display of colours, in the stems. I'm sure I'll post some photos of those when the time comes...!

8 comments:

  1. My favourite colour is the one in the first photo. I'm enjoying my blueberry bushes at the moment, I'm sure their leaves have got more colour than in previous years, they're stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the little berries, do the birds eat them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures. I have a dogwood tree, the leaves turn a burgundy color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely foliage. Our trees and bushes are turning here too. I'm always gawking at them as I walk to places.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We haven't any dogwoods - maybe we should have,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen this plant before. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mark, thanks for sharing your beautiful Autumn photos. Due to my location in Sydney, we are too warm to get that beautiful Autumn colouring and we'd have to travel to either of the cool climate areas in The Blue Mountains or Southern Highlands to see a true Autumn display. Nature sure is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! Please note that Comment Moderation is enabled for older posts.